Photographer: Ludvig Thunman
Visit of Connie Hedegaard, Member of the EC, to Copenhagen, in the framework of the "A World you like" campaign
Connie Hedegaard, Member of the EC in charge of Climate Action, travelled to Copenhagen, as part of the "A World you like" campaign. On 19 and 20 September, city planning specialists came from all across the EU to the Danish capital Copenhagen to show sustainable solutions in practice. Participating city planners came from Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Lithuania, Poland, and the UK.
In the framework of "The city we like" study visit, the participants were able to visit the following sites:
- Amager Resource Centre (ARC), a waste incineration plant that supplies the city with electricity and district heat while also offering a ski slope on the roof;
- Playhouse of the Royal Theatre, with an innovative energy saving system and elevation to meet sea level rise;
- The award-winning 8 house, combining business and housing in one big sustainable complex;
- The Vildrose project, offering affordable sustainable housing;
- The energy-neutral business headquarters of Ramboll.
Finn Mortensen, Executive Director of State of Green, on the left, and Connie Hedegaard ...
Speech by Connie Hedegaard in front of the public
Connie Hedegaard, at the podium
Visitors heading to the entrance of the Amager Resource Centre in Copenhagen
View of the Øresund bridge under a cloudy sky
Ulla Röttger, CEO of Amager Resource Center (ARC)
Ulla Röttger, CEO of Amager Resource Center (ARC), showing a position on the map
Henrik Lorentsen Bøgeskov, Operations Manager at Hofor, in the centre, giving a ...
Pipes carrying seawater necessary for the cooling system at Hofor
View of the the construction site of the future Amager Resource Centre
The façade of the Royal Danish Playhouse, built on stilts
Visitors taking pictures of the view
Visiteurs discovering the city of Copenhagen on a boat trip
Jørgen Abildgaard, Executive Climate Project Director of Copenhagen 2025 Green Growth and ...
Søren Nylin, technical consultant at the Royal Danish Theatre, in the centre
Henrik Schmidt, partner architect at Lundgaard & Tranberg Architects
Window of the upper floor of one of the Vildrose low-energy prefabricated housing complex