Dir 97/36/EC established the Contact Committee (now Article 29 AVMSD), to monitor the implementation of the Directive and the developments in the sector and as a forum for the exchange of views.
It deals not only with the existing audiovisual policy but also with the relevant developments arising in this sector. The committee will also help the Member States with their national reports which have to be written every two years.
The committee should pay special attention to technical developments in the audiovisual sector.
Chaired by the Commission and composed of representatives of the authorities of the Member States, it may be convened at the request of any of the delegations.
On this page you find documents produced by the Contact Committee from its 22nd to 37th meetings.
For recent information please visit the Digital Agenda website.
37th Meeting of the Contact Committee
36th Meeting of the Contact Committee
35th Meeting of the Contact Committee
- Minutes of the 35th meeting of the Contact Committee - 23 November 2011
- Tables mentioned under item 7 of the CC minutes:
1: Table on some national rules on commercial communications and promotion of European works
2: Table on transposition of Article 7 of Directive 2010/13/EU (accessibility requirements)
3: Table on transposition of Article 4(7) of Directive 2010/13/EU (co and self regulation)
4: Table on transposition of Article 9(2) of Directive 2010/13/EU (codes of conduct for HFSS food)
- Agenda - 31 March 2009
- Minutes of the 30th meeting of the contact committee - 31 March 2009 (rev 4)
Working Document - Reports Relating to the Application of the AVMS
Directive [DOC. CC TVSF (2009)] 2
Working Document - Strategy for Europe on nutrition, overweight and
obesity related health issues - Marketing of foods to children [DOC
CC TVSF (2009) 3]
- Annex - State of transposition AVMSD – April 2009 (rev)
- Minutes of the 29th meeting of the contact committee - 16
December 2008 (rev 2)
- Annex - State of transposition AVMSD – December 2008
- Working Document - Reversal of subsidiary jurisdiction criteria [Doc CC TVSF (2008)8]A
- Rules of procedure (as amended on 21/10/04)
- 22nd meeting
Rules of Procedure:
1. A contact committee is established under the aegis of the Commission. It shall be composed of representatives of the competent authorities of the Member States. It shall be chaired by a representative of the Commission and meet either on his initiative or at the request of the delegation of a Member State.
2. The tasks of the contact committee shall be:
(a) to facilitate effective implementation of this Directive through regular consultation on any practical problems arising from its application, and particularly from the application of Article 2, as well as on any other matters on which exchanges of views are deemed useful;
(b) to deliver own-initiative opinions or opinions requested by the Commission on the application by the Member States of this Directive;
(c) to be the forum for an exchange of views on what matters should be dealt with in the reports which Member States must submit pursuant to Article 16(3) and on their methodology;
(d) to discuss the outcome of regular consultations which the Commission holds with representatives of broadcasting organisations, producers, consumers, manufacturers, service providers and trade unions and the creative community;
(e) to facilitate the exchange of information between the Member States and the Commission on the situation and the development of regulatory activities regarding audiovisual media services, taking account of the Union's audiovisual
policy, as well as relevant developments in the technical field;
(f) to examine any development arising in the sector on which an exchange of views appears useful.