Audiovisual and Media Policies - External Policy
The international dimension of audiovisual policy
The international dimension of audiovisual policy impacts what happens at EU level and in the member countries.
At the 2008 Cannes Film Festival Ministers called for a reinforcement of the international dimension (2008 Cannes declaration on EU audiovisual cooperation).
A Commission staff working document [SEC(2009) 1033] provides a comprehensive overview of this area, notably highlighting the approach underpinning the EU action in this context.
The international aspects of audiovisual policy cover five main areas:
- EU Enlargement
- European Neighbourhood Policy
- Trade relations, the relevant international fora in this area
- the World Trade Organisation
- Promotion of cultural diversity (UNESCO)
- Cooperation in audiovisual policy
Other multilateral fora: