Recent research and analysis by DG ECFIN
The European Economy Economic Paper series has an analytical focus.
- Fiscal stimulus and exit strategies in the EU – a model based analysis
- Determinants of Capital Flows to the New EU Member States Before and During the Financial Crisis
- Quantifying the potential macroeconomic effects of the Europe 2020 strategy: stylised scenarios
- Assessing financial integration: a comparison between Europe and East Asia
- The Potential Impact of EU Cohesion Policy Spending in the 2007-13 Programming Period: A Model-Based Analysis
- Management of China’s foreign exchange reserves: a case study on the state administration of foreign exchange (SAFE)
- The production function methodology for calculating potential growth rates and output gaps
- Discretionary measures and tax revenues in the run-up to the financial crisis
- EU fiscal consolidation after the financial crisis. Lessons from past experiences
- Projecting future health care expenditure at European level: drivers, methodology and main results
- Proliferation of risk and policy responses in the EU financial markets
- The changing pattern of international trade and capital flows of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries in comparison with other oil-exporting countries
- Fiscal performance and income inequality: Are unequal societies more deficit-prone? Some cross-country evidence
- What is the growth potential of green innovation? An assessment of EU climate policy options
- The Chinese pension system – First results on assessing the reform options
- Does capacity utilisation help estimating the TFP cycle
The Country Focus series covers topical economic issues affecting one or more Member States. This series is published online only.
Economic Briefs showcase new policy-related analysis and research by DG ECFIN staff. This occasional series is published online only.
The European Economy Occasional Paper series has a more policy-oriented focus.
- The Economic Adjustment Programme for Greece. First review – summer 2010
- National fiscal governance reforms across EU Member States
- External Imbalances and Public Finances in the EU
- Macro structural bottlenecks to growth in EU Member States
- Short time working arrangements as response to cyclical fluctuations
- 2010 Economic and fiscal programmes of potential candidate countries : EU Commission’s assessments
- The pre-accession economies in the global crisis: from exogenous to endogenous growth? – European Commission
- The Economic Adjustment Programme for Greece