This training manual – developed by ILO and UNICEF under the UN Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking –aims to aid governments, workers, employers, international, and non-governmental organisations that combat trafficking in children for labour, sexual and other exploitation. The manual consist of the following five handbooks:
- Textbook 1- Understanding child trafficking: Covers definitions of and approaches to child trafficking, and aims to outline the main concepts involved so that there is clarity and common understanding.
- Textbook 2 - Action against child trafficking at policy and outreach levels: Tailored to the specific needs of participants from governments, workers' organizations, employers' organizations, UN agencies and NGOs.
- Textbook 3- Matters of process: Focuses on "matters of process" to underline the message that is not only what you do that is important, but how you do it. It covers areas such as advocacy and mobilization, working with the media, building partnerships, child participation, monitoring and evaluation, and learning and sharing lessons.
- Exercise book: Includes exercises that relate to the various sections in the three textbooks.
- Facilitators' guide: A moveable feast. It can only improve as it is used and reflects the experience of the classroom.