IPA 2007 Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH)
Assistance to the Ministry of Security, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees and Other Competent Authorities in Effectively Managing Migration
IPA 2007 Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) - Assistance to the Ministry of Security, Ministry for Foreign Affairs, Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees and Other Competent Authorities in Effectively Managing Migration
IPA 2007 - Ctr No 227 726
- Ministry of Security of BiH (MOS)
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs of BiH (MFA)
- Ministry for Human Rights and Refugees of BiH (MHRR)
EU contribution – 909 000€ (750 000€+92 000€+26 000€+41 000€)
Objectives and results
The purpose of the project was:
- to improve the legislative and institutional framework in migration management and combating trafficking in human beings, smuggling and illegal migration in accordance with EU standards
- to create an efficient coordination and communication system among all relevant stakeholders
- to build the capacity of relevant ministries, law enforcement agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders in the area of migration management and
- to carry out well designed and targeted in-depth surveys on trafficking and migration trends, methods and routes in BiH, supporting the Office of the State Coordinator in the fight against trafficking in human beings and illegal migration.
For these purposes, seminars for decision makers and other experts as well as study visits to EU Member States were undertaken. The training sessions were organised for new staff of the Centre for Irregular Migrants while other sessions focused on investigations and interviewing techniques. Different types of IT software on illegal migration were developed and interconnected. The safe-houses for victims of trafficking were provided with equipment. Specific activities focusing on the protection of victims of trafficking or smuggling were undertaken. The Witness Protection Programme was developed and implemented and study visits were organised for relevant staff.
Moreover, the collection of data on trafficking trends, methods and routes in BiH, with the aim to support decision making was achieved through the development of a system of surveys. Guidelines on implementation of standards were drafted as an outcome of the project.
- Second meeting of the EU Civil Society Platform against Trafficking in Human Beings Dates: 09/12/2013 - 10/12/2013
- Trafficking in human beings within the European Union: the Slavery of 21st Century Dates: 10/12/2013 - 10/12/2013
- 8th European Forum on the rights of the child Dates: 17/12/2013 - 18/12/2013
- more+ »