Project THB/HR2: Fight against trafficking in human beings and organised crime along the Heroin Route
1.448.700 € (100% of EU support)
From 07/01/2013 to 06/07/2014
Objectives and results
The aim of the project is to support the fight against trafficking in human beings and organised crime along the Heroin Route.
The specific purpose of this programme is to complement and where appropriate reinforce regional or international initiatives against organised crime and trafficking along the heroin route, with the additional aim of contributing to coherence between the internal and external dimensions of EU security policies.
The proposed action aims at improving knowledge on the scale and nature of THB affecting the EU and seeks to improve the strategic and tactical intelligence picture on THB to enable an intelligence led approach.
- To improve systems of data collection, analysis and exchange at the national and transnational level to increase the knowledge on the scale and nature of THB;
- To promote and assist in information sharing and regional coordination on THB;
- To enhance national and transnational law enforcement cooperation and the capacity of prosecutors, consular and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) staff to better address and fight the crime of trafficking in human beings more efficiently
ICMPD Headquarters, Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 504 4677 0
1 504 4677 - 2375
- Second meeting of the EU Civil Society Platform against Trafficking in Human Beings Dates: 09/12/2013 - 10/12/2013
- Trafficking in human beings within the European Union: the Slavery of 21st Century Dates: 10/12/2013 - 10/12/2013
- 8th European Forum on the rights of the child Dates: 17/12/2013 - 18/12/2013
- more+ »