RESILAND - Participation, capacities and resilience of children on the move against trafficking and exploitation
Family and Childcare Centre (EL)
312.971€ (maximum EU grant – 281.674€)
Defence for Children International Italia – DCI-IT (IT); Horse la Rue (FR); CESIS (PT)
Objectives and results
The project aims to reinforce participation, capacities and resilience of Children on the Move (COM) as key dimensions for their effective protection from trafficking and exploitation. The project is based on an innovative human rights-based approach that puts children and their histories at the centre in order to identify effective protection measures. Furthermore, the project aims to contribute to the EU debate on prevention of/protection from child trafficking and exploitation as well as to the enhancement of EU standards and strategies in the field through an innovative, multi-disciplinary, trans-cultural and multi-levelled methodology.
The project will develop its action through the following interlinked set of activities:
- Empowering Children on the Move (COM) who are at risk of trafficking and exploitation including 12 focus groups with COM and 12 consultations with social workers implemented in 4 countries and based on a participatory methodology.
- Capacity building aimed at improving professionals and protection services’ effectiveness and efficacy. There will be two sessions in Italy and Greece of a Specialised Training, for trainers and professionals.
- Advocacy and dissemination, based on the experience and evidence obtained through the organisation of a transnational seminar in Brussels, involving a group of 20 experts from 10 EU countries for the discussion and finalisation of the proposed set of standards. The tool will be presented to the EU institutions in Brussels and widely disseminated.
Ms Vassia Karkantzou – Head of Programme Operations
TagsPrevention, ISEC, Greece, Children, Human rights, Training
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- People as a commodity: Trafficking in Human Beings in Europe Dates: 09/12/2014 - 09/12/2014
- more+ »