Protection First: early identification, protection and assistance of child victims and at risk of trafficking and exploitation
Save the Children (IT)
478.509€ (maximum EU grant – 430.658€)
On the Road ONLUS (IT); Cooperativa sociale Dedalus (IT); Stiching Defence for Children International Nederland-ECPAT Nederland (NL); Organizatia Salvati Copiii (Save the Children Romania) (RO)
Objectives and outputs
The project is implemented in Italy, The Netherlands and Romania. Its general objective is to improve knowledge on child trafficking and to prevent child trafficking and protect child victims and children at risk of trafficking and any form of exploitation, including the less known ones (e.g. involvement in criminal activities) through research, the use of identification tools and awareness raising.
The specific objectives are:
- To improve the identification of child victims or at risk of trafficking and exploitation in care facilities in Italy, The Netherlands and Romania;
- To raise awareness among child victims and children at risk and improve their capacity to self-assess the risks and if they are in the process of trafficking/exploitation.
Some of the results expected are:
- A desk review and a research collecting 18 case studies on child trafficking and exploitation;
- Development of nine new tools on early identification, children's self-assessment and aware raising;
- Four trainings to 105 care workers and guardians;
- A EU final event in Brussels.
Ms Elisabetta Leonardi – Italy-EU Programmes Unit Coordinator
TagsChildren, Romania, Italy, Netherlands, Child trafficking, ISEC, Training, Victims
- No event for the current month