NO TRATTA –National Observatory on Trafficking among Refugees and Asylum Seekers; Training, Tools and Awareness campaign. Italy
Citalia-Anci Research Foundation (IT)
399.595€ (maximum EU grant – 359.636€)
Association "On the Road" (IT); Association "Gruppo Abele" (IT);
Objectives and results
"NO TRATTA" focuses on the analysis of the nexus between THB and international protection and is based on the observation of an increasing number of trafficking victims among asylum seekers & beneficiaries of international protection. The projects aims at improving the capacity of identification of, and assistance to the victims of THB within the broad Refugees and Asylum Seekers protection system and to support and strengthen the multilevel cooperation among local and national stakeholders who are involved in the management of services related to the reception and the assistance of victims of trafficking, in view of a larger transnational initiative at EU level (creation of a European observatory on trafficked people among asylum seekers and refugees).
The expected results are an increased knowledge about the nature of the phenomenon of trafficking in the frame of international protection and assistance, increased capacity of the operators in identifying and addressing the needs of the victims and the creation of ad hoc intervention models with high potentiality of transferability in the EU.
Some of the envisaged actions are the following:
- Research analysis on the presence/perception of trafficked people among refugees and asylum seekers in 14 IT and EU regions),
- Creation of an ad hoc "National Observatory on Trafficked persons among Asylum seekers and refugees (NOTA)"
- Specific training sessions addressed to workers/stakeholders operating in both the trafficking and asylum fields
- Development of a specific set of tools for asylum and trafficking operators
- Internal and external communication plan and tools such as a website, national awareness campaign addressed to potential victims and to the public at large, European dissemination event/conference.
Mr Gabriele Guazzo, Project Manager at Citalia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to Enhance Assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region Dates: 19/03/2014 - 19/03/2014
- Stop Traffick! Conference: Efficient Strategies to Reduce Demand for Services of Victims of Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation Dates: 27/03/2014 - 27/03/2014
- more+ »