Towards a Pan-European Monitoring System of Trafficking in Human Beings
General Directorate of Internal Affairs, Portugal
2012 – 2014 (24 months)
Partners and Co-beneficiaries
Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Cyprus/CY, Federal Ministry of the Interior of Austria / Department for International Affairs/AT, National Commission for Combating Trafficking in Human Beings/BG, National Coordination Mechanism to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Human Beings/ Ministry Foreign Affairs/GR, Austrian Institute for International Affairs (OIIP)/AT, European Law Enforcement Agency (EUROPOL)/NL, Organization for the Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)/AT, International Organization for Migration (Lisbon)/PT, International Centre for Migration Policy Development/AT
Objectives and results
The project aims at developing a Trafficking in Human Beings efficient monitoring system (MoSy) in the framework of Best Practices regarding the harmonization of procedures for the collection, treatment, analysis and sharing of information. This system should be based on a reliable collaboration network platform for the collection and dissemination of information and knowledge on Trafficking in Human Beings.
To accomplish this there are 3 specific objectives:
- To improve the capacity of the partners capabilities to collect Trafficking in Human Beings data
- To develop a common system to analyse data at a transnational level, namely by sharing geo-statistical data and using the same indicators
- To involve other relevant countries of origin, transit and destination in the EU and neighbouring countries.
The innovative approach (technological as well as methodological) is to provide a solution that involves all shareholders and practitioners, transforming them into anti-trafficking partners (NGOs, police, justice officials, policy makers) by gathering relevant data and producing knowledge that will break down Trafficking in Human Beings structure and support victims aid.
Mr Migueis Jorge, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
TagsPortugal, ISEC, Data collection, Partnerships, Law enforcement, Cyprus, Austria, Belgium, Greece, Netherlands
- EU Open Door Day 2013: EU Addressing Trafficking in Human Beings Dates: 04/05/2013 - 04/05/2013
- Iinternational Conference for facilitating experience exchange on trafficking in human beings for forced labour Dates: 14/05/2013 - 15/05/2013
- more »