Strengthening of Joint Measures for the Prevention of Forced Labour of Roma Communities and the Development of Referral Mechanism
Ministry of Interior of the SR, Slovakia
2012 – 2014 (24 months)
Rómske mediálne centrum (MECEM) / Roma Media Centre, Slovakia; Člověk v tísni Slovensko / People in Need – Slovakia; Croossroads Youth and Community Association, UK
Objectives and results
The project aims at reducing the risk of trafficking in relation to specific groups of the Roma population, in the perspective of forced labour purposes and other forms of exploitation such as forced begging and forced criminality.
For this purpose, three specific objectives should be met:
- strengthening national and international reference mechanism with the inclusion of new entities
- mapping the causes of vulnerability, conditions and modus operandi of exploitation of the most threatened groups
- raising awareness of trafficking in human beings among Roma communities and in a wider public, especially on the risks connected with working abroad. A film and the distribution of awareness raising materials should be prepared.
Ms Valacsaiova Denisa, Chief State Counsellor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- People as a commodity: Trafficking in Human Beings in Europe Dates: 09/12/2014 - 09/12/2014
- more+ »