A Safety Compass - signposting ways to escape trafficking
Marta Centre, Latvia
2012 – 2014 (36 months)
Ministry of Interior, Latvia; State Inspectorate for the Protection Of Children's Rights, Latvia; Jaunatne ar Misiju,Latvia; Eluliin,Estonia; women@thewell, Greece; National Alliance of Women Organizations, Greece
Objectives and results
The main objectives of the projects are:
- To raise awareness of risks, trends of recruitment and new forms of trafficking in the internet environment and social media. For these purposes research and awareness raising campaigns should be undertaken.
- To reduce demand for services and products provided by victims of trafficking and to facilitate fair trade
- To reduce supply for the purposes of trafficking through more intense cross institutional cooperation among public, private and non-profit sector and by developing support programmes for victims
- To develop and implement an international referral mechanism in the UK, Latvia and Estonia. An emergency help line system and a network involving relevantt stakeholders to be established in the partner countries.
Mr Dilba Juris, project manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags2011, United Kingdom, Latvia, Children, Estonia, Greece, Gender, Victims, NGO, Referral mechanism
- People as a commodity: Trafficking in Human Beings in Europe Dates: 09/12/2014 - 09/12/2014
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- more+ »