Enhancing capacity to address trafficking especially in children from a human rights perspective in nine provinces and Phnom Penh municipality of Cambodia
Cambodia ACTs (Against Child Trafficking Networks Association)
285.000€ (188.000€ of EU support)
January 2010 – December 2011
Cambodian Children Against Starvation, Violence Association (CCASVA), Cambodian Vision in Development (CVD), Cambodian Women's Crisis Center (CWCC), Children and Life Association (CLA), Cambodian Women Development Agency (CWDA), Disadvantaged Cambodian Organization (DCO), Project Against Domestic Violence (PADV), Vulnerable Children Assistance Organization (VCAO), Santi-Sena Organization (SSO), Cambodia Organization for Children and Development (COCD), Cambodian National Council for Children (CNCC)
Objectives and results
The main aim was to foster the inclusion of children’s rights and prevention of trafficking among priority actions of governmental and local authorities.
The project was implemented by 12 NGOs and the governmental partner CNCC (Cambodian National Council for Children) in 10 provinces and cities such as Kandal, Takeo, Prey Veng, Svay Rieng, Pursat, Battambang Pailin, Battey Meanchey, Siem Reap, and Phnom Penh.
The following activities were carried out:
- promotion of regional networking among specialized journalists,
- training of NGOs in building advocacy files on child rights violations to improve child protection system
- awareness raising by NGOs in cooperation with the media and vulnerable groups
- awareness raising actions and training of child duty bearers and local government stakeholders on child trafficking and protection needs at community level,
- training sessions about the guidelines and protection standards among NGOs working against child trafficking and child duty bearers.
TagsChildren, 1999, Training, Victims, Prevention
- No event for the current month