Armed conflicts and trafficking - child prevention programme, awareness-raising in Yemen
Civic Democratic initiative support Foundation - CDF
187.500€ (150.000€ of EU support)
January 2010 – August 2011
Objectives and results
The project overall aim was to prevent child involvement in armed conflicts in Yemen and to encourage the already involved children to return back to schools or to be assisted in protection programmes.
Three categories of stakeholders were addressed in different ways as follows:
- parents and families of the children together with school staff and students
- communities' organizations, such as elected local councils, NGOs and CBOs
- judicial and local authorities
The project targeted 5 governorates and raised awareness among more than 4 million people.
The following activities were undertaken:
- Communities Civic Education through training workshops and guidelines for teachers
- Awareness raising actions targeting communities and children through local radio programs, posters and other materials
- Local Agencies Leaders Capacity Building trough trainings;
- NGO's and CBO's Capacity Building through training workshops, a network and targeted guidelines.
- How to Enhance Assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region Dates: 19/03/2014 - 19/03/2014
- Stop Traffick! Conference: Efficient Strategies to Reduce Demand for Services of Victims of Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation Dates: 27/03/2014 - 27/03/2014
- more+ »