A Holistic Approach to Fight Human Trafficking and Protect Women Migrant Workers in Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan
DCI-MIGR 2010/229-043 - Thematic Programme for Migration and Asylum
Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt
Jordanian Women's Union
1.370.000€ (1.098.000€ of EU support)
From 01/01/2011 to 31/12/2013
Centre for Egyptian Women's Legal Assistance (CEWLA), Lebanese Association for Popular Action (AMEL), Un Ponte Per… (Italy).
Objectives and results
The overall goal of this project is to combat the violation of domestic workers' rights, to protect domestic workers through establishing programs providing legal and social aid to them and through including them in the labour laws and to change the mentality towards their work.
Specific objectives are:
- Building strong coalitions that fully support migrant workers' rights.
- Strengthening migrant worker and anti-trafficking legislation and encouraging law enforcement.
- Protecting women who are facing all kinds of violence.
- Strengthening and unifying the perspectives and understanding towards domestic workers in the region.
EU delegation to Jordan - Delegationfirstname.lastname@example.org
Nadia Shamroukh, General Director, Jordanian Women's Union - Nadia_jwu@orange.jo
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- People as a commodity: Trafficking in Human Beings in Europe Dates: 09/12/2014 - 09/12/2014
- more+ »