Addressing human trafficking of women and children in Viet Nam through capacity-building and technical assistance
INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION
January 2009 - December 2011
Objectives and results
The overall objective of the project was to provide support to the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security (MPS) during the implementation of the Action Plan on Trafficking in Human beings.
Therefore, different governmental agencies in charge of the return and reintegration of victims were provided with specific guidance in order to develop an efficient management and coordination mechanism.
The project contributed to:
- enhance the National Steering Committee; it has strengthened management and resource capacity in managing and coordinating anti-trafficking measures
- monitor and assess the activities of the National Steering Committee if it effectively addresses prevention of trafficking through a comprehensive behaviour-change strategy;
- setting up of a regional fund for counter-trafficking initiatives
- How to Enhance Assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region Dates: 19/03/2014 - 19/03/2014
- Stop Traffick! Conference: Efficient Strategies to Reduce Demand for Services of Victims of Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation Dates: 27/03/2014 - 27/03/2014
- more+ »