Elimination of Human Trafficking from Moldova and Ukraine through Labour Market Based Measures
2006/120079 - AENEAS
Countries/Region - Moldova and Ukraine
Main Implementing partner
Ministry of Economy and Trade Moldova; Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs Ukraine; International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD).
Objectives and results
The project aimed at achieving a long-term perspective against trafficking in human beings in Moldova and Ukraine by addressing gaps in the implementation of National Action Plans against Human Trafficking.
The following outputs and outcomes were achieved:
- development of the National Action Plans against human trafficking
- increased number of prosecutions of trafficking and related offences, including abusive recruitment practices;
- assistance for increased number of trafficking victims including opportunities for compensation and socio-economic reintegration;
- active involvement of trade unions and employers organisation in policy formulation and support for trafficked victims as well as potential migrants.
The action contributed to the training of labour inspectors and other government authorities to better monitor private employment agencies. An improvement of vocational training curricula and promotion of entrepreneurship among returned trafficked victims resulted also form the project. Data gathering on irregular migration and trafficking covering Ukraine and Moldova was undertaken.
Publications and other resources
- No event for the current month