Webinar: Preventing and Combating THB. Ask the Experts
WEBINAR: 20 September 2012 14:00 CET
Join the EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator and experts from EU agencies for a webinar and online discussion on the steps that are being taken to eradicate trafficking in human beings.
Hundreds of thousands of victims are trafficked across the EU every year. Trafficking in human beings – which can be classified as a modern form of slavery – is a serious crime, involving a violation of basic human rights.
Ms Myria Vassiliadou, EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator will present the ‘EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings (2012 – 2016)’ adopted by the European Commission earlier this year, as part of a keynote address.
The webinar, hosted by CEPOL – the European Police College, is open to everyone. Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions to the Anti-Trafficking Coordinator as part of a moderated discussion. Ms Vassiliadiou will be joined by:
- Ms Michèle Coninsx, President of Eurojust, on how the EU’s judicial cooperation unit is taking action against THB
- Mr Duco van Heel from Frontex on how integrated border management helps prevent trafficking in human beings
- Mr Steve Harvey from Europol on Europol’s role in leading the fight against THB
The discussion will be moderated by Dr Ferenc Bánfi, Director of CEPOL.
Register for the webinar at http://www.cepol.europa.eu/index.php?id=thb-webinar-2012
The European Police College (CEPOL) is a European Union agency dedicated to supporting a European approach to the fight against crime. CEPOL’s core business is learning and training aimed at senior police officers, experts and trainers, with a focus on issues with a European – or cross-border – dimension, such as trafficking in human beings, counter-terrorism and cybercrime. CEPOL is located in Bramshill, in the UK.
- Second meeting of the EU Civil Society Platform against Trafficking in Human Beings Dates: 09/12/2013 - 10/12/2013
- Trafficking in human beings within the European Union: the Slavery of 21st Century Dates: 10/12/2013 - 10/12/2013
- 8th European Forum on the rights of the child Dates: 17/12/2013 - 18/12/2013
- more+ »