New European Strategy 2012-2016
On 19 June 2012, the European Commission adopted the "EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings (2012-2016)”.
The Strategy is a set of concrete and practical measures to be implemented over the next five years.
It is based on five key priorities:
- Identifying, protecting and assisting victims of trafficking;
- Stepping up the prevention of trafficking in human beings;
- Increased prosecution of traffickers;
- Enhanced coordination and cooperation among key actors and policy coherence;
- Increased knowledge of and effective response to emerging concerns related to all forms of trafficking in human beings.
With the "EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings (2012-2016)", the European Commission is focusing on concrete actions that will support and complement the implementation of EU legislation on trafficking in human beings, namely the Directive 2011/36/EU- whose deadline for transposition is 6 April 2013.
- The EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings 2012–2016 in all EU languages
- Statements related to the launch of the EU Strategy towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings (2012-2016)
- E-book: EU Strategy Towards the Eradication of Trafficking in Human Beings 2012-2016
A nine minutes video including interviews to four victims of trafficking has been shown in the press room ahead of the press conference.
Personal testimonies of victims of human trafficking
Tags2012, Strategy, EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator, Commission
- EU Open Door Day 2013: EU Addressing Trafficking in Human Beings Dates: 04/05/2013 - 04/05/2013
- Iinternational Conference for facilitating experience exchange on trafficking in human beings for forced labour Dates: 14/05/2013 - 15/05/2013
- more »