Together Against Trafficking in Human Beings
The EU Agencies (CEPOL, EASO, EIGE, FRONTEX, EUROJUST, EUROPOL, FRA) in cooperation with the Polish Presidency of the EU and the European Commission organise a conference to mark the occasion of the 5th EU Anti-Trafficking Day to be held in Warsaw on Tuesday, October 18, 2011.
The conference "EU Member States and Agencies jointly addressing trafficking in human beings and protecting victims" will take place on Tuesday 18 October 2011 in Warsaw. The discussions will be devoted to strengthening of co-operation between EU Agencies and other stakeholders in addressing trafficking in human beings.
The conference will be opened by the Polish Minister of the Interior and Administration, Mr Jerzy Miller. The opening will be followed by a high-level debate amongst the Directors of EU Agencies involved in the fight against trafficking in human beings. The debate will be moderated by Ms Myria Vassiliadou, the EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator.
Three workshops co-chaired by the EU Agencies, will focus on partnerships and enhanced cooperation in the European Union in the areas of:
- Prevention (CEPOL and FRONTEX)
- Protection of victims (EASO, EIGE and FRA)
- Investigation and Prosecution (EUROJUST and EUROPOL)
For more information please check the attached joint statement of the EU Agencies. You can also send an email to: EUATD2011@frontex.europa.eu
- How to Enhance Assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region Dates: 19/03/2014 - 19/03/2014
- Stop Traffick! Conference: Efficient Strategies to Reduce Demand for Services of Victims of Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation Dates: 27/03/2014 - 27/03/2014
- more+ »