Communication on the Global Approach to Migration and Mobility (GAMM)
The EU's Global Approach to Migration was adopted in 2005. It was designed to address all relevant aspects of migration in a balanced and comprehensive way, in partnership with non-EU countries.
The Global Approach was evaluated in the first half of 2011 through an online public consultation and several dedicated consultative meetings. The consultations confirmed its added value and the valuable results it has delivered. They also indicated a need for stronger policy coherence with other policy areas and a better thematic and geographical balance.
In this context the Commission's Communication puts forward a renewed Global Approach to Migration and Mobility. Among the priorities of the renewed Global Approach, one is devoted to the prevention and reduction of irregular migration and trafficking in human beings by:
- transferring skills, capacity and resources to partners to prevent and reduce trafficking, smuggling and irregular migration and to strengthen integrated border management;
- enhancing the cooperation on document security, paving the way for visa facilitation for frequent travelers from priority partner countries;
- fostering initiatives to provide better protection for and empowering victims of trafficking in human beings.
- How to Enhance Assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region Dates: 19/03/2014 - 19/03/2014
- Stop Traffick! Conference: Efficient Strategies to Reduce Demand for Services of Victims of Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation Dates: 27/03/2014 - 27/03/2014
- more+ »