The UK’s response to human trafficking: Fit for purpose?
The Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR), July 2012, 25 pages
The UK is facing significant challenges in responding to trafficking in human beings by developing rapidly and producing multiple examples of innovative practice and partnership.
The aims of this briefing paper are threefold:
- to provide a short overview of the available evidence about the scale of human trafficking in the UK
- to review the general UK policy response to trafficking and the more specific measures designed for London 2012
- to examine areas within the current UK strategy that could be improved, with reference to international good practice
- Trafficking in human beings within the European Union: the Slavery of 21st Century Dates: 10/12/2013 - 10/12/2013
- Second meeting of the EU Civil Society Platform against Trafficking in Human Beings Dates: 09/12/2013 - 10/12/2013
- 8th European Forum on the rights of the child Dates: 17/12/2013 - 18/12/2013
- more+ »