Putting victims first: protecting and promoting the rights of victims of trafficking
Poland, Warsaw, 26-27 November 2013
Organised by the Ministry of Interior of Poland, the Governments of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, the Council of Europe, and the International Organization for Migration
The conference aims to provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge and best practices as regards protection of the rights of victims of trafficking in line in with the second “P” (protection) of the Council of Europe Convention on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings.
Discussions will focus on four related themes:
- Identification of victims of trafficking with a specific focus on labour exploitation
- Standards of safe accommodation for victims of trafficking
- Legal redress and compensation
- Ensuring victims’ rehabilitation and safe return
More detailed information can be found on the relevant website: Putting victims first
"This is not a European Commission event. The European Commission is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Commission, the European Union or its Member States".
- Global launch of the project: Rights of Migrants in Action Dates: 02/10/2014 - 02/10/2014
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- People as a commodity: Trafficking in Human Beings in Europe Dates: 09/12/2014 - 09/12/2014
- more+ »