Realising the rights of every child everywhere: moving forward with the EU
The Residence Palace, Rue de la loi 155, BrusselsWednesday, 12 February, 15:00-17:00Eurochild and UNICEF are proud to launch a new joint Publication on Children's Rights. It contains reflections on the current and future role of the EU in protecting and promoting children’s rights across internal and external policy and action.
Welcome by Philippe Cori, UNICEF & Jana Hainsworth, Eurochild
Keynote speaker: Vice-President Viviane Reding, European Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship
Interactive Panel Debate (moderated by UNICEF/Eurochild):
- Myria Vassiliadou (EU Anti-Trafficking Coordinator, DG Home)
- Luis Riera Figueras (Director, DG Development Cooperation)
- Roberta Angelilli (Member of the European Parliament, Vice-President of the European Parliament) (invited)
- Salla Sastamoinen (Head of Unit, Fundamental Rights and Rights of the Child, DG Justice)
- Lieve Fransen (Director for EU 2020: Social Policies, DG Employment)
- Ioannis Dimitrakopoulos (Head of Equality and Citizen's Right Department, Fundamental Rights Agency)
"This is not a European Commission event. The European Commission is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Commission, the European Union or its Member States".
- Global launch of the project: Rights of Migrants in Action Dates: 02/10/2014 - 02/10/2014
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- People as a commodity: Trafficking in Human Beings in Europe Dates: 09/12/2014 - 09/12/2014
- more+ »