Eliminating Violence Against Women in Europe
Intersectoral Approaches and Actions
25 – 26 November 2013
Vienna City Hall, Friedrich-Schmidt-Platz, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Committed to combating gender-based violence against women, the World Health Organisation Regional Office for Europe (WHO Europe), the European Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) and the City of Vienna have joined forces to organise the first international conference on ‘Eliminating violence against women in Europe’ with a focus on ‘Intersectoral approaches and actions’.
Violence against women is present in all European countries. It cannot be solved by one sector alone. Policies and actions should involve all relevant sectors: judicial, educational, health sectors, police, media, civil society organisations and statistics offices. Only an intersectoral approach can help erase one of the most pervasive human rights violations of our time.
Main objectives of the conference
- To share experiences among European countries in preventing and addressing violence against women as a gender equality and public health concern;
- To present new data and information gathered by EIGE, WHO and other partners and discuss the challenges and needs in data collection discuss intersectoral cooperation and policies
- To discuss new policies, frameworks and guidelines
The event will gather 200 participants from all sectors from 53 European countries, in particular representatives from ministries of gender equality and social affairs and ministries of health. It will also gather representatives of the European Union institutions, regional agencies, civil society organisations, experts and other involved stakeholders.
The conference will be held in English, German and Russian.
"This is not a European Commission event. The European Commission is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Commission, the European Union or its Member States".
- How to Enhance Assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region Dates: 19/03/2014 - 19/03/2014
- Stop Traffick! Conference: Efficient Strategies to Reduce Demand for Services of Victims of Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation Dates: 27/03/2014 - 27/03/2014
- more+ »