Combating human trafficking: business and human rights
Locarno Rooms, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, London
Purpose and format of meeting
A one day, off the record, roundtable discussion bringing together a broad spectrum of actors to consider the most effective ways of combating human trafficking in the business supply chain, both internationally and in the UK.
The meeting will provide a forum to:
- raise awareness of human trafficking and labour exploitation in the context of business
- facilitate the sharing of good practice, drawing on existing strategies, in particular the UN (Ruggie) Guiding Principles on business and human rights
- consider practical ways forward in order to tackle human trafficking
- encourage greater dialogue and collaboration between actors
- develop and promote new networks towards future co-operation
Participation at this invitation only meeting will include senior UK officials, diplomatic representatives from key countries, business leaders, international organisations, human rights groups, non-governmental organisations and other experts.
For more informarion please check the website Wilton Park
"This is not a European Commission event. The European Commission is not responsible for, nor does it necessarily endorse, its content. Any views expressed are solely those of the author or publisher and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Commission, the European Union or its Member States".
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- People as a commodity: Trafficking in Human Beings in Europe Dates: 09/12/2014 - 09/12/2014
- more+ »