A Holistic Approach to Fight Human Trafficking and Protect Women Migrant Workers in Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan
DCI-MIGR 2010/229-043 - Thematic Programme for Migration and Asylum
Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt
Jordanian Women's Union
1.370.000€ (1.098.000€ of EU support)
January 2011 – January 2014
Centre for Egyptian Women's Legal Assistance (CEWLA), Lebanese Association for Popular Action (AMEL), Un Ponte Per… (Italy).
Objectives and results
The overall goal of this project is to combat the violation of domestic workers' rights, to protect domestic workers through establishing programs providing legal and social aid to them and through including them in the labour laws and to change the mentality towards their work.
Specific objectives are:
- Building strong coalitions that fully support migrant workers' rights.
- Strengthening migrant worker and anti-trafficking legislation and encouraging law enforcement.
- Protecting women who are facing all kinds of violence.
- Strengthening and unifying the perspectives and understanding towards domestic workers in the region.
EU delegation to Jordan - Delegationemail@example.com
Nadia Shamroukh, General Director, Jordanian Women's Union - Nadia_jwu@orange.jo
TagsMigration and Asylum
- Hearing on Detecting and tackling forced labour Dates: 11/03/2014 - 11/03/2014
- How to Enhance Assistance to Victims of Human Trafficking in the Baltic Sea Region Dates: 19/03/2014 - 19/03/2014
- Stop Traffick! Conference: Efficient Strategies to Reduce Demand for Services of Victims of Trafficking for Sexual Exploitation Dates: 27/03/2014 - 27/03/2014
- more+ »