E-NOTES European NGOs Observatory on Trafficking, Exploitation and Slavery
Associazione On the Road, Italy
€ 192 000 (€ 115 000 of EU support)
Ongoing, started in 2008
La Strada International (Netherlands); ACCEM, Spain; ALC/SPRS, France
Objectives and results
The project aims to develop a transnational network of NGOs with a view to setting up an Observatory on Trafficking, Exploitation and Slavery in Europe. The objective is to give NGOs a greater role in fighting human trafficking, helping victims and supporting policy and strategy developments at institutional level.
The project consists of three interdependent sets of activities:
1) identifying a shared and comparable set of indicators on counter-trafficking measures;
2) implementing the national and transnational reporting mechanism;
3) disseminating the methodology applied in the reporting process.
The following outcomes are expected:
- methodological protocol for reporting on anti-trafficking measures, endorsed by the NGO network in 27 countries;
- initial report on policies and interventions in response to trafficking at national and transnational levels;
- a dedicated website for the wide dissemination of reporting criteria and a comparative analysis of responses to trafficking in the EU.
Mr Marco Bufo, On the Road - firstname.lastname@example.org
TagsPrevention, ISEC, Italy, Spain, France, NGO
- Global launch of the project: Rights of Migrants in Action Dates: 02/10/2014 - 02/10/2014
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- People as a commodity: Trafficking in Human Beings in Europe Dates: 09/12/2014 - 09/12/2014
- more+ »