Towards a global EU action against trafficking in human beings
Ministry of Justice, Sweden
€ 199 000 (€ 139 000 of EU support)
1 May 2009 – 30 April 2010
International Organisation for Migration, Vienna; Austrian Ministry of European and International Affairs; Austrian Ministry of Justice; Ministries of Interior in Finland, Austria, Italy, Portugal; Bureau of the Dutch rapporteur on trafficking in human beings; PAYOKE — Belgian NGO
Objectives and results
This project helped implement the THB aspects of the EU strategy on the external dimension of Justice and home affairs. It included joint action with non-EU countries on crime prevention, investigation and prosecution. The project contributed to criminal justice reform and law enforcement cooperation, with a focus on protecting and assisting THB victims. The project activities related to capacity building, technical assistance and the monitoring of THB policies.
The project helped participants design and implement initiatives referred to in an Action Oriented Paper on trafficking in human beings, which was one of the priorities of the former Swedish Presidency of the EU. One of the project's outputs is an integrated compendium of measures on countering and preventing THB in countries of origin.
The following meetings were held for exchanging information and best practice:
- the EU Ministerial Conference “Towards Global EU Action Against Trafficking in Human Beings” organised on 19-20 October 2009 on the occasion of the third EU Anti-Trafficking Day
- four thematic National Network conferences and meetings involving members of task forces, parliaments, law enforcement bodies, the judiciary and NGOs.
Publications and other resources
- Towards Global EU-Action against Trafficking in Human Beings
Mr H. Sjolinder, Swedish Ministry of Justice – email@example.com
- Combating Trafficking in Human Beings for Forced Labour, Children and Sexual Exploitation Dates: 23/04/2014 - 25/04/2014
- Round Table: Impresa e Forced Labour Dates: 09/05/2014 - 09/05/2014
- more+ »