Combating Trafficking in Woman for Labour Exploitation in Domestic Work
EDEX-Educational Excellence Corporation Limited (University of Nicosia)(CY)
420.105€ (maximum EU grant – 378.095€)
Mediterranean Institute of Gender Studies (CY); SURT (ES); Women's information Centre (LT); Panteion University (EL);
Objectives and results
The aim is to gain knowledge, collect data on the national situation of trafficking in women for the purpose of forced labour in four EU member states with particular focus on female domestic workers through qualitative and quantitative research methods by using gender equality perspective.
- Analyse legislation, policies and processes in relation to the recruitment, entry and employment of migrant women in four EU member states;
- Explore, understand the exploitative work situations under which migrant women work and whether these situations include elements of trafficking;
- Gain in-depth understanding of the push and pull factors in relation to trafficking in women for the purpose of labour exploitation, with particular focus on demand;
- Raise awareness among relevant stakeholders including front line officers, NGOs and the media on trafficking in women for forced labour and labour exploitation in domestic work
- Raise awareness and increase knowledge among employers on trafficking in women for labour exploitation
- A publication on trafficking in women for the purpose of labour exploitation in domestic work as well as policy recommendations for the development of identification procedures related to trafficking in women for forced labour and labour exploitation in domestic work
- National information seminars, national press conferences, and final conference in Cyprus.
- Media visibility including press releases, articles in the print media, TV and radio programmes reportage employers and potential employers; etc.
- Development of networks between relevant stakeholders including NGOs working on the issue of trafficking in women for the purpose of labour exploitation.
Mr Anthos Shekeris – firstname.lastname@example.org
TagsWomen, 2012, Cyprus, Greece, Data collection, Labour exploitation, ISEC, Gender
- Combating Trafficking in Human Beings for Forced Labour, Children and Sexual Exploitation Dates: 23/04/2014 - 25/04/2014
- Round Table: Impresa e Forced Labour Dates: 09/05/2014 - 09/05/2014
- more+ »