Prevention and Extended Harmonised Data Collection System of Trafficking in Human Beings
148.000€ (EU grant – 118.000€)
Ongoing 2011-2012 (18 months)
International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), Austria
Objectives and results
The project aims at establishing conditions for systematic, coordinated and harmonized data collection on trafficking in Slovakia. Another objective is to enhance awareness among the general public and representatives of selected professional public and non-governmental institutions of newly emerging forms of trafficking, including but not limited to labour exploitation.
To this end, data collection mechanisms should be established through development of a software application. Moreover, promotional campaigns involving various media, training activities, workshops and an international conference are planned as well.
The foreseen activities should increase the number of calls to the National Helpline for Victims of Trafficking in Human Beings. Professional competences of the representatives of selected agencies focused on identification of trafficking for forced labour should be enhanced thanks to training sessions.
Publications and other resources
- methodological guide to help identification of trafficking for forced labour
- THB data-collection capacities (13 software users)
- THB data-collection software adapted to the Slovak context
- promotional materials highlighting new forms of THB and promoting the National Helpline for Victims of Trafficking in Human Beings (leaflets and posters)
Mr J. Hlinka, Division Director- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trafficking RACE in Europe Project Conference Dates: 30/09/2014 - 30/09/2014
- Global launch of the project: Rights of Migrants in Action Dates: 02/10/2014 - 02/10/2014
- Trafficking in Human Beings for the Purpose of Organ Removal Dates: 21/11/2014 - 21/11/2014
- more+ »