2009 October Declaration Towards Global EU Action against Trafficking in Human Beings
The conference Towards EU Global Action against Trafficking in Human Beings, 19-20 October 2009in conjunction with the third annual Anti-Trafficking Day.
The Conference was initiated by the Swedish Presidency of the European Union under the Prevention and Fright against Crime Programme of the European Commission. The conference addressed the importance of:
- The development of EU efforts to combat trafficking in human beings, focusing on relations and cooperation with countries of origin and transit for trafficking in human beings.
- The vital importance of implementation of existing documents was highly underlined.
- Establishing Rapporteurs and coordination mechanism at national level.
- Strengthening migration management in Member States, with a rights-based approach.
- Strengthening protection of unaccompanied and undocumented children is crucial in order for them to not become victims of trafficking
TagsChildren, Victims, Commission
- No event for the current month