[ Index ]
Assessing the added value of the LEADER approach
Information needs at the national/regional and European level
4.4. The innovative character of actions
a) Defining the "rules of the game"
Did the administration provide guidelines on:
- defining innovation?
- the methods for identifying innovative actions?
- the type of actions to be favoured?
- distinguishing between innovative actions and innovative
- the procedures for selecting innovation?
b) Identifying best practice
- Compare and identify models and best practices; identify the
types of innovation implemented (see the four criteria in section
explain the differences; which sectors, areas and individuals
generate the most interesting innovations?
- Have they contributed to:
- new market opportunities?
- a diversification of the rural economy?
- constructive linkages with other programmes?
- new opportunities arising from the attractiveness of the area?
- new services for the most sparsely populated areas?
- Did this mainly involve adaptive innovation? Were transfers
and model functions used?