[ Index ]
Assessing the added value of the LEADER approach
Information needs at the national/regional and European level
4.3. The local groups
a) Defining the "rules of the game"
Were guidelines given in respect of:
- the composition of the group?
- management methods?
- the role of the public sector?
b) Identifying best practice
- Compare and identify models and best practices; explain the
differences in the composition of groups and their performances
- Assess the effectiveness of the groups in stimulating local
initiative. Did their presence:
- have an empowering effect on the sub-regional level of
- ensure a wide representation of local interests?
- lead to the diversification of the rural economy?