[ Index ]
Assessing the added value of the LEADER approach
Information needs at the national/regional and European level
4.2. The bottom-up approach
a) Defining the "rules of the game"
Has the administration been favourable to the bottom-up approach?
Did the administration already have animators and former experience?
Were technical assistance and guidelines foreseen?
b) Identifying best practice
- Identify models and best practices of animation and
participatory decision-making, explain the differences in
- Did participatory decision-making:
- help new ideas about actions to emerge and allow new interest
groups to be involved?
- increase consensus?
- empower the sub-regional level of governance?
- Is this desirable at regional/national level?