The role of the civil dialogue group is to assist the Commission in maintaining a regular dialogue on all matters related to organic farming. This cooperation enables experience and views to be shared, so that organic farming policy can be developed further.
The tasks of the Civil Dialogue Group are:
- to hold a regular dialogue on all matters relating to the common agricultural policy, including rural development, and its implementation;
- to exchange relevant experience and good practice;
- to advise the Commission on relevant policy;
- to deliver relevant opinions on request of the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development or on their own initiative;
- to monitor relevant policy developments.
The decisions taken in this group are not binding on the Commission. However, they are taken into account, and members are informed of all action resulting from their decisions.