Five agricultural product names registered
The European Commission has added five names of agricultural products and foodstuffs to the Register of Protected Designations of Origin (PDO) and Protected Geographical Indications (PGI):
- "Terre Aurunche" (olive oil - PDO - Italy)
- "Seggiano" (olive oil - PDO - Italy)
- "Ciliegia dell'Etna" (cherry - PDO - Italy)
- "Ptujski lük" (onion - PGI - Slovenia)
- "Magyar szürkemarha hús" (beef - PGI - Hungary)
The five names are added to the list of more than 1000 product names already protected under the legislation on the protection of geographical indications and designations of origin and traditional speciality.