Five agricultural product names registered
The European Commission has added five names of agricultural products and foodstuffs to the Register of Protected Designations of Origin (PDO) and Protected Geographical Indications (PGI):
- "Prosciutto Amatriciano" (meat product - PGI - Italy)
- "Göttinger Feldkieker " (meat product - PGI - Germany)
- "Kołocz śląski/kołacz śląski" (bread, pastry, cakes, confectionery, biscuits and other baker’s wares - PGI - Poland)
- "Αρνάκι Ελασσόνας (Arnaki Elassonas)" (meat - PDO - Greece)
- "Göttinger Stracke" (meat product - PGI - Germany)
The five names are added to the list of more than 1000 product names already protected under the legislation on the protection of geographical indications and designations of origin and traditional speciality.