The European Commission organised the conference "Organic production, Research and Innovation: setting priorities for the future", as foreseen in the Action Plan on organic food and farming, adopted by the Commission on 24 March 2014.
The aim of the conference was to:
- bring together researchers, farmers, farm advisors and other stakeholders to discuss and share ideas and knowledge on research and innovation in the organic production sector;
- gather the research needs directly linked to the production of organic inputs, organic raw materials and organic products.
This conference shed light on the needs and priorities in this sector and provided the necessary input for the European Commission in developing further its research and innovation policies.
The European Commission would like to warmly thank every single participant who actively contributed to fruitful discussions and to the success of the conference which brought together 200 actors in the organic sector.
- "Policy Frames and Formats" (Iman Boot, EC, DG Agriculture and Rural Development)
- "BICOPOLL: Managing bees for delivering biological control agents and improved pollination in berry and fruit cultivation" (Heikki Hokkanen, University of Helsinki)
- "From diversity strategies to participatory innovations for organic and low input food systems" (Véronique Chable, INRA Rennes France)
- "Farm specific strategies to reduce environmental impact by improving health, welfare and nutrition of organic pigs" (Christine Leeb, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna)
- "OK-Net Arable" (Bram Moeskops, IFOAM EU)
- "Organic sector, knowledge sharing and Best Practices in the Mediterranean" (Maurizio Raeli, Deputy Director, CIHEAM-Bari)
- Project "Duchy Originals Future Farming Programme" (Tom MacMillan, Soil Association)
- Project "Neem Cake: for a Sustainable Agriculture Chain the Multipurpose By-Product of an Industrial Process" (Susanna Mariani, Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development)
For social media related to this event use #EU_Organic, and/or #EU_AgriResearch, #EIPagri, #EUExpo2015, #H2020